About Me

My photo
I am an extrovert by nature and an introspect when necessary. I enjoy life and do not take it for granted. My passion is to help educators become more effective at what they do, not only through changing practices, but changing assumptions about the students they teach- particularly, students of color, Standard English Leaners, English Language learners and all others who have been systematically denied access to core curriculum and subjugated to low expectations.

19 July 2009

Absentia

My apologies for having been MIA for SO SO long.

It seems that the 2008-2009 school year was a whirlwind adventure of non-stop action, drama and work, work, work that kept me away from my very missed forum. But I am back, and hope to return on a semi-regular basis.

Yeah, I know, I know, it's summer...but unlike many of you out there enjoying your own vacations , I am working ALL summer long.

That's right. All. Summer.

But....no hatin' here. This is a no hatin' zone.

Please enjoy the beach, the mountains, and anywhere else in between you may find yourself celebrating another year of teaching under your belts. I have nothing to complain about- it's been a summer of more learning with new colleagues, reconnecting with old colleagues and gaining a bit more nuggets of wisdom to share with all of you!

So, on that note, stay tuned. I will bring some more info on English Language Learners very soon!

No comments:

Keep me Informed!

Search